Did you even know you tell yourself lies?
Here’s a sampling of lies that keep us in chaos, disorganized and stuck:
- I’ll remember (the appointment, time, address, verbal commitment)
- If I’m good, that’s enough
- Someone will see how good I am and will choose me
- I don’t know how (this is the one where I often get stuck)
- I’ll get back to that later
- I don’t have time
- They won’t notice if I don’t… (fulfill my promise, arrive on time, etc.)
- I’ll catch up later
- I can’t unplug – I’ll miss out on something (the next thing, etc.)
- I could never do that
- My family can wait
- It’s easier to do it myself
- I can have it all, know it all, keep it all, eat it all, do it all
These are lies that keep you in chaos, keep you disorganized, and keep you stuck.
Mostly because these lies have roots in fear and lack; grasping and struggle; or letting ourselves off the hook (hello, Victimville).
What does any of this have to do with being organized, focused, and successful?
As we gather up our power (personal power, will power, Big Powerful Vision for our businesses and lives), we can get shit done. Seriously.
Until then, we’re passive instead of active. Timid instead of bold. Afraid instead of powerful.
For the next few days, see if you can catch yourself in a lie you tell yourself.
And then shine the Truth instead. You’ll be more focused, grounded, and organized. I guarantee it.
Make Some Room,
P.S. Sometimes organizing is an inside job FIRST! Not sure how to do this? I can help
P.P.S. I’m creating something for you to start 2105 right – by focusing on the INSIDE work. Stay tuned for details!