Strange magic has been happening in business land for me and things have taken a decidedly different turn this year.
Here’s what’s been happening:
1. I lost interest in writing after I published my fourth book this summer. I don’t know if I ran out of words or just lost the sizzle, but my desire to write went *splat* pretty hard.
2. The forest started calling me and inviting me to bring others outside. I know, I know… that sounds very strange. However, I am a little strange. So, I listened to the call and several people have visited me here in the forest to do some internal work. The results have been wildly transformational for them (read about one experience here).
3. A new business was being asked to be born. My husband Nelson (who has extensive outdoor guiding and leadership experience) and I created a “mini-retreat” in mid-October. I invited several of my current and former clients to come try out some forest-based coaching. This “unplugged” retreat allowed participants to slow down and ponder the questions:
- What’s next for me in life?
- What’s next for me in business?
- I’ve lost [all or part of] myself. What do I even want?
Participants described the retreat as “an intimate, working on me” experience. Most arrived feeling varying levels of frustration, overwhelm, or burnout. All left feeling rested and refreshed, and many with new outlooks on their lives and businesses, with new plans, new areas of focus, and renewed optimism for their futures.
Starting NOW, I’m redefining the concept of “making some room.”
“Making some room” is no longer solely focused on organization, systems, and processes for small businesses. It is no longer about “physical stuff” in your office, on your calendar, or in your business (or life).
I’ve gotten very clear that I’m here to help end suffering in the world, one person (or group) at a time. Going forward, my work will be clearly focused on that, too.
And yes, time management and organization and business systems are still important – but I’m learning that all those things don’t matter if the PERSON is suffering on the inside.
Instead, I want to help YOU as a whole person to answer this question:
Where do I need to tell the truth – personally and professionally – about what is and is not working for me?
I’ll be sharing a LOT more about how nature can support and heal you. And together, we can make some room to reveal the answers you are seeking. And from there – it’s all action, baby!
If you’re a YES to diving into this work with me, reach out (angie [at] yourorganizedguide.com). We’ll make it happen.