There’s a time to be efficient and a time to not be efficient. Case in point, last week one of my clients, his manager, and I were talking about people. And he said something really profound:
“It’s an honor to serve the people you work with and the customers we work for.”
He summed it up with, “Go ahead and be efficient with systems. Don’t be efficient with people.”
What a philosophy to live by for growing a thriving business and for creating a loyal tribe.
For today’s questions, ponder:
- How can you really make a difference for your clients and customers? Personal, meaningful, high-touch? Seth Godin talks about focusing on ten true fans. Start there.
- Have you really asked for and listened to feedback from your team recently?
- Have you really asked for and listened to feedback from your customers recently?
- How can you build an efficient system for customer feedback and make it personal, meaningful, and high-touch?
- In what ways can you increase your generosity with your customers, your team, your family, your friends, and your community?
P.S. Julie LaChance of RMS Solutions, Inc. will help you master Gmail and Google Apps. Join her Friday, May 9th, to learn how to effectively use these tools.
P.P. S. If you haven’t downloaded a copy of my Make Some Room Manifesto yet, now might be a good time to grab it for inspiration!