Leaders walk FAST.
Leaders often TALK FAST.
And they definitely THINK FAST.
Those are positive attributes a lot of the time.
But, there are powerful reasons to SLOW DOWN.
As a leader, if you are moving fast, talking fast, and thinking fast all the time…
What are you MISSING leading at that pace?
- Strategy requires deep thinking
- Hearing your own internal voice requires quiet/silence (I call this practice “Wayfinding”)
- Discernment is best done with care
- Other people voices are more easily heard when you are not talking
- There’s power in the pause – pausing before speaking, pausing for a few beats before walking away, pausing your own thinking while listening
I often take my leaders out into nature to help them slow down.
There’s fewer inputs from other people or from the technology that is pervasive in our lives. There’s less/different noise (of the distracting kind). And there’s SPACE and ROOM for contemplation.
If you’re doing everything fast, I’d like to invite you to go slow.
PM me and let’s talk about a nature-based coaching session and how slowing down could transform your leadership (of yourself and others).