“It’s hard to take a position of humility because the culture teaches us that we’re safer in positions of power, but actually we’re not. We’re less free in positions of power.” ~Martha Beck
I am WILDLY inspired by Patagonia’s new that their only shareholder is THE EARTH.
“I am dead serious about saving this planet,” Chouinard said.
Across from my desk, there’s a HUGE bulletin board where I tack up reference material that I use daily with clients. I also add inspiring quotes or funny memes. I recently put up a piece of paper with three words on it:
BE MORE BOLD
And you know what?
The Universe is showing me example after example of what BEING MORE BOLD looks like in action:
- Obviously, this move by the Chouinard family and Patagonia the company. I mean WOW.
- A client recently decided to CHOOSE HERSELF and her HEALTH by giving her notice.
- A coach I know is talking about 10x-ing his life and has invited us into the conversation (I’m IN).
- Another friend/coach has declared who she really is in the world and knows exactly how to show up for her potential clients. It’s a HELL YES even if her knees are shaking a little bit.
- To everyone who is decluttering, downsizing, and feeling more FREE – I’m a YES to that!
- Several other clients have said YES to the hard things Spirit is asking of them…even if they don’t seem logical and especially if they don’t seem “easy.”
BE MORE BOLD
Gentle reader – in this time when everyone seems to be “contracting” because of gas prices, grocery prices, inflation, etc., how can you CHOOSE DELIBERATELY TO BE MORE BOLD?
In this world, in this time, we need healers healing themselves in order to put their gifts to work healing others. We need business leaders showing how it can be done while still making great profits in service of HUMANS and the WORLD. We desperately need to know we matter, that you care, and that LIFE is worth living and working for.
As Patagonia Action Works says: Sign up. Show up. Take Action.
And – don’t ever forget to build in time for fun (I mean, Yvon’s book is titled, “Let My People Go Surfing.”)