The power of sharing is remarkable. And I’ve had the opportunity to see first-hand how my sharing something has impacted my clients, their coworkers, and even their families.
It’s something I created in a moment of inspiration. It came together beautifully, both the words and the design. My designer even said, “I saw it in my head visually before you’d even finished your part!”
So, what is it?
And it’s been thrilling to walk into a number of clients offices and see my Make Some Room Manifesto hanging next to their desks.
You can use any of the links above to get your hands on the pretty version of the Manifesto. AND I want you take some time with all 20 statements because I believe they will radically revolutionize how you approach “being organized” and “doing life.” (And please, share your feedback on any one of them, or all of them.)
Here’s what I believe:
- Your brain is not for remembering.
- It is easier to keep up than to catch up.
- Two minutes now saves hours later.
- Getting organized is work. Staying organized is habit.
- Take the time, get quiet, feel into it. Immerse yourself.
- Be discerning about where you spend your energy (reading, doing watching, eating).
- Be bold. Be brave. Take action. (Even if you’re scared shitless while doing it.)
- Laugh loudly and often.
- Reclaim your nights and weekends. #UNPLUG
- Busy is a bullshit word. Stop saying it. Choose to say something real.
- Keep only the useful, beautiful, and joyful.
- We cannot know it all, read it all, keep it all, do it all, have it all, or be it all. And that’s actually a good thing.
- Kill your microwave. Throw out your TV.
- Stop being a mindless consumer (of information, products, and food). Start caring where “it” comes from [and I’d add, “Start caring where “it” goes when you throw it away.]
- Clutter is the inability (or unwillingness) to make a decision. DECIDE.
- People first. Technology second.
- Say the thing that’s the hardest to say from a place of humility and love (you’ll never be sorry).
- Lay in the grass and listen to the secrets it tells you. Smile with the flowers. Hug the trees.
- Love is all there is.
- Slow down. Breathe. Make some damn room!
If you’re totally inspired and this lights you up, I would be honored if you would forward this on to one or two people you know.
I want this message to spread far and wide! Will you help?
Make some room,
P.S. And just a brief reminder: there are a limited number of Make Some Room Rendezvous sessions available for March and April. Schedule yours now, okay?